megawriter

I am Meg Moseley. Meg, a writer. Seeking the real God in the real world.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Good books I've been reading

I learned this morning that Deeanne Gist has hit Number 10 on the list of best-selling Christian fiction with A Bride Most Begrudging, published by Bethany House. (You can read a bit about the book in my first post, listed in the sidebar.) I'm happy for her, and I'm happy for the readers who have picked up her book. I think they'll enjoy it. I did.

Other books I've been reading lately:

Brennan Manning's Ragamuffin Gospel, for the second time.

Stephen King's On Writing, one of the most encouraging and inspiring books about writing, ever.

The Power and the Glory, a novel by Graham Greene. The story of a "whiskey priest" on the run but still gripped by his calling. It's meaty. Slow going, but I like it.

And a pile of research books for the story I'm working on. I've heard that ninety percent of research doesn't even show in the finished product, and I believe that's true. But you have to do all the research so you know which ten percent is important.

What's everybody else reading?

3 Comments:

At August 23, 2005 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, how weird is this?

David is also reading the Ragamuffin Gospel again right now for the second time...

.... doo doo doo doo.
(not as in poo poo but as in twilight zone intro)

What am I reading? "HOW TO FIND MY RING"..
Yes, I lost my ring and I am just beside myself. It was the one David gave me for our first married Christmas...

:(

 
At August 24, 2005 2:23 PM, Blogger MD Brauer, MD said...

I agree on the Stephen King. Very encouraging. I have read one book by Graham Greene, did not like the content -- am not certain I can trust the author.

Tell me again, what is your book on?

 
At August 24, 2005 9:14 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Michelle, tell David: What's really, really cool is to read Ragamuffin Gospel and listen to Rich Mullins at the same time. :)

Have you found your ring? :(

TS, this is the first Graham Greene I've read. Which one did you read, and what about it made you feel you couldn't trust the author? I don't know much about Greene myself. I do know I'm enjoying his style.

You asked what my book is on. It's a romantic suspense set in the wilderness of North Georgia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home