megawriter

I am Meg Moseley. Meg, a writer. Seeking the real God in the real world.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Muse starters

I'm two scenes away from finishing a novel I started writing about a year ago. Then I'll revise, polish, and polish some more. Once that's done, off it goes, into the inbox of an editor who may or may not like it. While I wait for thumbs up or thumbs down, I'll start on my next project. I don't even know what it is yet, but I can't wait.

Fall seems like the beginning of the year, not the end. A good time to start new projects. Maybe that's because I'm a cool-weather person. When it's chilly outside, my muse wakes up and sings to me, especially if I'm sitting on the deck in a comfy sweatshirt and drinking hot coffee. I expect to spend a lot of time out there in the next few months, reading and writing and reading some more.

Anybody else have a favorite spot, favorite clothes, or a favorite beverage to accompany your reading or writing? What gets your muse warmed up and singing?

8 Comments:

At September 07, 2005 5:51 PM, Blogger Deeanne Gist said...

I love springtime. New growth. Divine temperatures. And the smell of freshly cut grass after a long winter's nap.

 
At September 07, 2005 7:21 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Yep, spring would be my second choice. Love all those daffodils and crocuses and such.

After years of living up north, I appreciate the lack of winter weather here in Georgia. We drift from fall into Christmas, and the flowers start blooming again in January. Once in a great while, I miss the snow. Briefly.

 
At September 07, 2005 7:39 PM, Blogger Deeanne Gist said...

Okay. So here in my corner of the Lone Star State our long winter's nap lasts about a month or so. But still. That's long to me! :-)

 
At September 07, 2005 7:52 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Try being a California girl in her first Michigan winter. That first year, I thought the January thaw WAS spring. It was a shock to learn spring wouldn't really hit until April or May.

But Michigan's a beautiful state. The lakes are awesome.

 
At September 09, 2005 12:25 PM, Blogger MD Brauer, MD said...

Congratulations on your book

 
At September 09, 2005 1:06 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Thanks for the congrats, TS. I finished at one in the morning. Of course I'm still working on it today: weaving in important details, polishing, checking for consistency in the "facts" of my fiction. I love this stage of the process.

 
At September 13, 2005 2:38 PM, Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Hey Meg! I like fall as long as it's still warm. As soon as it starts feeling like winter, I'm looking forward to spring.

 
At September 13, 2005 6:07 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Hey, Trish! Thanks for stopping by. It's always nice to run into one of my GH buddies, if only in cyber-space.

I'm with you on the cold weather. I like to be just cold enough to enjoy my cozy clothes. If it's colder than that, give me spring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home