megawriter

I am Meg Moseley. Meg, a writer. Seeking the real God in the real world.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Dickson and Koontz save Topside Cat

As the weather gets colder, my thermotropic cats get friendlier. At the moment, I have one cat squeezing in beside me in the recliner and the other cat draped over the back of the chair. If I stand up suddenly, the topside cat will go flying, becoming a cat-apult. It happens fairly often and irritates her to no end.

Two new books sit on the table beside me: Your Heart Belongs to Me by Dean Koontz and Lost Mission by Athol Dickson. I don't know which one I'll start with, but Topside Cat is safe for a while.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At November 28, 2009 6:20 AM, Blogger John Atkinson said...

Meg, I have a Jack Russell Terrier and sometimes she acts like a cat. I'd go for Koontz. Please visit my blog. Best, John
http://www.atkinsontimekeeper.com/

 
At November 28, 2009 7:15 AM, Blogger Meg said...

John, I just finished reading your account of the runaway piano. Funny! And I'm several chapters into the Koontz book. It's good, as I'd expected. I'm looking forward to getting into the Athol Dickson one, too. I've been a fan of his ever since "River Rising" came out. An amazing story.

 
At November 28, 2009 2:07 PM, Anonymous Sherrie Lord said...

Cat-apult? You're a nut.

Athol is so deep; very insightful and very real. Koonz keeps you on the edge of your seat.

 
At November 28, 2009 3:55 PM, Blogger Meg said...

It's all true, Sherrie. As long as the books keep me in my chair, the cat on top of it is safe. :)

Also true: Your comments about Athol and Koontz. I've read just the first few paragraphs of Athol's book, and it drew me in immediately. Note to FCC a.k.a. Big Brother: Nobody paid me to say that, okay?

 
At November 29, 2009 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, Nikki thinks it's great when I get engrossed in a book so she can live on my lap!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home