megawriter

I am Meg Moseley. Meg, a writer. Seeking the real God in the real world.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Eight random facts including Beowabbit

My friend Suzan Robertson is kindly kicking me back into the world of blogging by means of this "eight random facts about yourself" game.

I haven't blogged in ages. On the other hand, I dug into one of my novels that needed a total rewrite. I rewrote it in three months, then started a new one, so I don't feel too guilty about neglecting my blog. Is anybody still out there, though?

On to the game. But never fear, friends. I won't tag you. Tagging is the chain letter of blogdom. (Yes, Suzan, you're forgiven. I should thank you for making me blog.)

Fact 1: I have the world's best recipe for refrigerator bread & butter pickles. No canning required. Easy and delicious. If you want it, I'll share. You'll need a gallon-sized glass jar.

Fact 2: Seamus Heaney's translation of "Beowulf" is one of my all-time favorite books, but I also enjoy the "Beowabbit" version. I'm afraid to know what that says about me.

Fact 3: I once wrote a novel in three weeks. Yes, it was crappy. Don't worry, it's gone forever.

Fact 4: I love bad translations. I found an online recipe recently that translated "eight large peeled potatoes" to "eight great bare Popes." It made my day.

Fact 5: I used to play guitar and write songs. Dozens of songs. Maybe hundreds. I'm not kidding. I sang them in Christian coffeeshops in the Jesus Movement days in California. Yes, I'm dating myself.

Fact 6: I'm a Detroit Red Wings fan because we used to live near Detroit. The Wings are the only team I follow in any sport. They'll play the Ducks next. (Wings, Ducks....hockey's for the birds, eh?)

Fact 7: I drink my coffee black, unless it's nasty coffee.

Fact 8: I'm going to the Colorado Christian Writers' Conference next week, so I really should be stressing out about memorizing pitches for my novels. Or frantically writing one more chapter for my WIP. Or at least worrying about what to wear. But I'm just looking forward to having a reunion with my friend Sherrie, who put me up to going.

This means, of course, that I'll be too busy next week to do much blogging, so Suzan will have to give me another nudge in a week or two. Right, Suzan?

7 Comments:

At May 10, 2007 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, I'll play bad cop. Singing and writing songs, huh? The things you learn about people!

 
At May 10, 2007 6:34 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Only my mom ever thought I was very good at it.

(sniffle)

 
At May 13, 2007 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg, Meg, Meg,

I don't know much about music - but know what I love and I love the song you wrote for our wedding 32 years ago. It has meant so much to Erik and I. Your mom, the artist, also painted a picture with the words to the song - it has always hung in our bedroom.

I guess I should have told you this ages ago - but the song is really, really special to us. Thanks, once again.

Love,

Willa

 
At May 13, 2007 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now Erik is singing the song to me - he has always had it memorized.

You are really gifted in this area, Meg. I don't know what you are talking about thinking only your mom thinks you are good at it. lol.

 
At May 13, 2007 9:05 PM, Blogger Katy McKenna said...

Meg--Hey, lady! I'll bet Willa is right. It ain't just yo mama! I did love reading about the songwriting and the guitar playing and the Christian coffee houses with the Jesus freaks. My hubby did the same thing here in KC. He's even on an old album that's still circulating a bit out there. It's called "Let Us Go to Bethlehem." Circa 1974. Keep blogging and I'll keep visiting. But I am GLAD you've revised your novel!!

Katy McKenna www.fallible.com

 
At May 13, 2007 9:22 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Hey, this is fun! Thanks for stopping by, everybody.

Just to let everybody else know who Willa is: We went to high school together in Calif., and I sang a song I wrote at her wedding. Willa, I'm absolutely floored that Erik still knows the song and sang it to you. That's so romantic! Wow!!! I still have a copy of it, with my mom's artwork.

Hey Katy, 1974 is my era. Jesus freaks, baptisms in the ocean, Second Chapter of Acts, etc. That was a fantastic time. Now I have my own teenager who looks like a Jesus freak with the loooong hair. It's payback time, God says.... :)

 
At March 14, 2014 11:13 AM, Anonymous PENNY STOCK INVESTMENTS said...

Very good

 

Post a Comment

<< Home