megawriter

I am Meg Moseley. Meg, a writer. Seeking the real God in the real world.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Six weird things.

My friend Deeanne Gist tagged me today to play "Six Weird Things About Me."

Oh, boy. Like I needed to be reminded. Ha!

Here goes.

1. I don't do numbers. My brain simply refuses to process them. Ask me what year my car is, and I can't tell you. Ask me how old I am, and I have to stop and do the math. (This is 2007, and I was born in, um . . . ?) And, after 27 years of marriage (or is it 26?) I still don't have my husband's Social Security number memorized.

2. I cannot abide the taste of almond extract. The nuts themselves are okay, but I can't handle marzipan or almond-flavored anything. I don't even like the scent of Jergens hand lotion because it's almond-scented, or at least it used to be. I don't buy it, so I can't be sure.

3. I once made a near-sighted roommate freak out by floating a life-sized picture of a guy's face in the toilet bowl. I guess she thought he'd come up out of the sewer to say good morning. Where did I get the idea? I have no clue.

4. I have a hard time climbing onto my husband's motorcycle from the right side. I have to climb on from the left. I could make up a name for that. Bodily asymmetrical coordination dysfunction or something like that.

5. Back in 1979, I went to bed and slept through a hurricane. Deliberately. Because somebody had to be wide awake in the morning, right?

6. A friend and I once got a behind-the-scenes look at the Jungle Boat ride at Disney World by walking through a gate that said "Employees Only." (Or whatever they call employees there.) We stood there in the "jungle" and waved at the tourists going by. Some of them waved back. The guides didn't notice us, and none of the tourists turned us in.

7. Wait. I only had to do six, right? Or am I scrambling my numbers again?

Now I have to find some other people to pick on. Let's see.... Suzan R., Lindi P., Amy W., and Cindy W. Ladies, are you game?

6 Comments:

At February 02, 2007 12:55 PM, Blogger Deeanne Gist said...

I can't believe you don't like almond extract. It's soooo yummy! (Not straight up, of course.)

Number 3 cracked me up.

I can't do numbers either. Still count on my fingers.

Can you mount a bicycle from both sides?

That was great fun. Thanks for being such a sport.

 
At February 02, 2007 1:14 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Almond extract, straight up? Ewwww.

I can mount a bicycle from either side because it's lower than a motorcycle. But it still feels wrong to mount it from the right.

Notice I only tagged four people instead of six? That falls under the category of "I don't do numbers." Tee-hee.

 
At February 02, 2007 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could add a 7th, but I'd really like to live.

 
At February 02, 2007 4:06 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Michelle!! Surely you don't mean you've ever seen anything weird in me. I mean, really. Am I not normal? Usually?

 
At February 03, 2007 6:12 PM, Blogger Deeanne Gist said...

Do tell, Michelle!!

 
At February 03, 2007 10:24 PM, Blogger Amy Wallace said...

Meg,

These were great!!! I loved #3. I was so glad I hadn't taken a drink of water because I LOL!

I played and feel a bit like Grover, "I am SOOOO embarrassed!"

Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home