megawriter

I am Meg Moseley. Meg, a writer. Seeking the real God in the real world.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Cold lobby, warm connections

I'm sitting in the freezing-cold lobby of a hotel in Nashville at the annual conference of the American Christian Fiction Writers. There's free wireless internet down here, which is why I'm not upstairs in bed.

I can't adequately describe the delight of being with so many like-minded people and meeting friends I've only known online before. As one of the speakers said today, and I paraphrase, there are no "normals" here.

The lobby's crowded with writers who've abandoned their solitary pursuit to get connected, whether they're blogging like me or actually socializing in person, gathered around a coffee table. I'd like to describe a few of these interesting creatures to you, but that might get me in trouble. Besides, it's late and I need a few wide-awake brain cells for tomorrow. So good night.

8 Comments:

At September 16, 2005 10:57 AM, Blogger MD Brauer, MD said...

O.k., but tomorrow I want details, the beauty and the worts.

 
At September 16, 2005 1:58 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Gotcha, Marvin. I'm running on almost no sleep, so I might not have many spare brain cells for a couple of days--but I'll get to it!

 
At September 16, 2005 9:02 PM, Blogger Deeanne Gist said...

Oooooh! I wish I were in that cold lobby with you!! Tell everyone "hi."

 
At September 16, 2005 11:24 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Huh. I seem to be developing a habit of late-night online sessions in the lobby. I guess because the day is too jam-packed, and this is the only free time.

Dee, Marvin, and Dave, it's just not the same without you here.

 
At September 18, 2005 10:44 PM, Blogger michael snyder said...

Meg,

What huge fun meeting you and hanging out at ACFW. I just think you are the coolest.

Do you have any idea how hard it is not to tell why you borrowed my cell phone? Do you?

And if I'm on your list of creatures...go ahead, I can take it!

mike

 
At September 18, 2005 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I am writing this after hearing the "good news" today!!

CONGRATULATIONS MARGARET MOSELEY!!

Of course this is no surprise to me as I think I told you in your living room 2 years ago that you were going to "take off" as soon as Jon retired!

HA!!

A prophetic word out of my mouth? WOW!!!

 
At September 19, 2005 9:40 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Mike, of course you're one of those interesting creatures. But I mean that in a good way. More on that later. :) And thanks for letting me borrow your phone and not laughing at me for being cellphone-illiterate. You are kind as well as cool.

Michelle, I wish you could have been at the conference too. Partly because you're a writer too, even if nobody else knows it yet, and partly because you would have been a LOUD cheering section for me and I would have eaten it up. :)

 
At September 20, 2005 9:11 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Thanks, Dan. I really enjoyed meeting you, too.

It has been a wild week so far, with hardly a moment to catch my breath and post my thoughts. I'll try to write an honest to goodness post tomorrow, but for now I have to finish rewriting a chapter that seems to have turned into two chapters and an epilogue. Onward!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home