megawriter

I am Meg Moseley. Meg, a writer. Seeking the real God in the real world.

Friday, December 09, 2005

The Seven Sevens

I'm it, I've been tagged by Deeanne Gist, and it's my turn to play.

Seven things to do before I die
1. Drive the entire coast of California, stopping wherever and whenever I please.
2. Learn how to ride a motorcycle. The real kind, not just a little-bitty dirt bike.
3. Organize about ten thousand photos for my kids.
4. Visit England, Scotland, and Ireland.
5. See all my kids happily married.
6. Read books to the grandkids who don't exist yet.
7. Write a novel that says exactly what I want it to say.

Seven things I cannot do
1. Swim.
2. Write words on unlined paper without letting them drift south.
3. Get interested in the stock market.
4. Dance.
5. Sign my name prettily.
6. Back up a large pickup truck with any accuracy.
7. Stop drinking coffee.

Seven things that attract me to my husband
1. His kind heart.
2. His dark, mysterious eyes.
3. The fact that I can trust him completely.
4. His crazy streak, as in "I bought a bike on eBay and I'm off to Wisconsin...."
5. The way he turns a blind eye to how much money on I spend on writing-related expenses.
6. His patience.
7. His love for the Lord.

Seven things I say most often
1. Oh, crap.
2. Oh, shoot.
3. Y'know?
4. You guys.
5. Right?
6. Anyway....
7. Um, I didn't start anything for dinner....

Seven books (or series) I love
1. To Kill a Mockingbird
2. Busman's Honeymoon
3. Peace Like a River
4. My Family and Other Animals
5. On Writing (King)
6. Bridget Jones' Diary
7. Ragamuffin Gospel

Seven movies I would watch over and over again
1. Sabrina (the original)
2. Green Card
3. Strange Brew (okay, maybe not over and over, but once every few years)
4. While You Were Sleeping, if only for the paperboy on the bike
5. To Kill a Mockingbird
6. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, esp. for the wheelchair-down-the-steps scene
7. Pirates of the Caribbean, just to watch Johnny Depp walk/swagger/stagger

Seven people I want to join in too
1. Sally Apokedak
2. Suzan Robertson
3. Sherrie Lord
4. J. Mark Bertrand, not that I know him, exactly, but I admire his brain and love his blogs and I would be honored if he would join the fun.
5. Cindy Chen, who doesn't have a blog but has an interesting mind and could use the comments section.
6. Michelle Truax. Ditto.
7. My mother, who doesn't own a computer and doesn't know what a blog is, but boy, wouldn't I love to see her answers.

10 Comments:

At December 09, 2005 4:37 PM, Blogger Deeanne Gist said...

Oh! I like Depp in PIRATES, as well. And I like both the old and new Sabrina (though I own the new and watch it often).

I forgot the "What's for dinner?" "I don't know" thing. Good one.

Thanks for playing!

 
At December 09, 2005 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Mom.... you're lucky it's a slow day at work.....

Seven things to do before I die
1. Go skydiving
2. Travel to one or two other continents (or more)
3. Write a book
4. Have a few kids... the two legged kind, not four legged kind
5. Have a house that has all the cupboards and shelves that I could ever need!
6. See my friend Michelle married off (preferably to someone from the south)
7. Learn to dance

Seven things I cannot do
1. Sing very well
2. Leave a voice message that is concise or makes any sense
3. Live without lists
4. Go 4 hours without e-mail (unless I'm asleep)
5. Yell
6. Lie convincingly
7. I can do everything else

Seven things that attract me to my husband
1. How incredibly caring he is
2. How patient he is with me when I'm a brat (thus I know he will make a good dad)
3. That he hears from God, and is sets his heart to obey
4. How goofy he is
5. That he's not above cleaning or dishes if necessary
6. His wild ideas (most of the time)
7. He's way cute

Seven things I say most often
1. I have no idea
2. Anyways...
3. World Leadership Group, this is Cindy, may I help you?
4. I think it's _____... but I might be making that up
5. However....
6. my phrase dou jour is "odds are...."
7. "what the crap?"

Seven books (or series) I love
1. Chronicles of Narnia
2. Little Women
3. the Lord of the Rings series
4. Jane Eyre
5. most things by Elizabeth Elliot
6. okay, so it's been a long time since I've read books just for fun...
7.

Seven movies I would watch over and over again
1. The Princess Bride
2. The Three Amigos
3. Gladiator
4. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
5. Office Space
6. Spanglish
7. The Naked Gun
(yes, I can watch funny movies over and over and over....)

 
At December 09, 2005 4:57 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Yes, Dee, I like the new Sabrina, too. It has some great lines, and ol' Harrison is always fun.

Cindy, such good taste you have in books and movies! Why, whoever raised you?!

And I agree on all your points about your husband. He's a catch.

 
At December 09, 2005 6:49 PM, Blogger Deeanne Gist said...

"I know everything else."

Ha! Love that, Cindy!

"The Three Amigos"

Ohmygosh. I haven't seen that in ages. What a hoot.

 
At December 09, 2005 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee -
Please see #6 in the things I cannot do.

Mom - Yeah, I don't know where my taste in movies, books, guys, or housework could have come from.

;-)

Cindy

 
At December 09, 2005 8:11 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Cindy: Thanks for clarifying that. I was a little worried.

Sally: Yeah, it's good that we have our priorities straight, isn't it? About the paperboy: He's in a short scene on Christmas morning. He throws a paper, loses his balance, and falls off his bike. It's just a really funny pratfall, but it's so short that it's easy to miss.

Oh, and I heard from Mark. He won't be playing along with us because that dratted Michael Snyder already nabbed him. (Hi, Mike, it's okay, I don't hold grudges very long.)

 
At December 12, 2005 10:10 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Welcome, peace_be_wit_u! Of course you can steal "my" idea!

 
At December 16, 2005 11:40 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Thanks for stopping by, Susan, and I hope you'll be back often. I just looked at the pics on your blog. Very nice!

Now, the California coast on a motorcycle... that would be FUN.

 
At December 19, 2005 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Margaret; I love you! Cindy, since you mentioned me (as your mom was so kind to point out), I simply must "play." ... I'm glad you want to see me married off ((of course!)).

Seven things to do before I die
1. Have a lead part in a musical (I've already sung with an orchestra, now!)
2. Raise a garden (forget kids! just kidding)
3. Raise kids and put them to work in my garden
4. Teach other people's kids to sing really well
5. Feel good about my eating habits
6. Dance with my husband and make a bunch of people go "aww"
7. Learn to play the guitar

Seven things I cannot do
1. Float in water (I'm with you, Mrs. M.)
2. Keep a straight face while saying a "bad" word
3. Throw things away if I might need them later
4. Sleep through excessive noise
5. Serve a volleyball
6. Resist checking my email or regular mail if given the opportunity
7. Be too long in the presence of baked goods without tasting them

Seven things that *will* attract me to my husband
1. He'll be like Cindy (as in stable, practical, weird, and loving)
2. He'll appreciate my puns
3. He will be devoted to the Lord
4. He will be darn cute
5. He will see something special in me
6. The way he will speak with his eyes
7. Well, I'll leave one to God =)

Seven things I say most often
1. Umm ...
2. Anyways... (yeah, me too, Cindy)
3. I'm like ...
4. ti ti ta, rest, ta (it's a music teacher thing)
5. If you can hear me, clap once (see above)
6. I love you
7. Holy crap

Seven books (or series) I love
1. Anne of Green Gables series
2. Chronicles of Narnia
3. Dr. Seuss books
4. Little Women
5. The Magic Bicycle series
6. American Girl books (ok, so a lot of these are kids books, but I still love them)
7. Little House on the Prairie

Seven movies I would watch over and over again
1. While You Were Sleeping
2. Little Women
3. Tommy Boy
4. Lord of the Rings movies
5. Willow
6. Disney's The Jungle Book
7. Miss Congeniality

 
At December 23, 2005 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha! Michelle! You music teacher, you! I know you'll hate hearing this, but you're "cute" as ever!
Merry Christmas!
Cindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home