megawriter

I am Meg Moseley. Meg, a writer. Seeking the real God in the real world.

Monday, September 25, 2006

ACFW 2006

I had a lovely time at the American Christian Fiction Writers conference in Dallas over the weekend. It's fun to be around people who have imaginary friends to talk about, or even to talk to. Among fiction writers, muttering under your breath as you walk down the hall, alone, is considered normal behavior. Everybody knows you're just having an argument with a recalcitrant character, or maybe figuring out what kind of tree to make that character climb and what kind of rocks to throw at him once he's up there.

I met many wonderful people, some of whom were already my online friends. I reconnected with people I've known for years. I had dinner with my wonderful agent and some of her other clients, I consumed too much chocolate and coffee, and I hung out with some amazing writers, published and unpublished, who give and give and give some more, all for the love of God and people and good writing. I just wish I'd brought a camera.

10 Comments:

At September 26, 2006 5:08 AM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

It was great meeting you, Meg!
Camy

 
At September 26, 2006 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I brought a disposable camera and the photos came out terrible. I'm begging for photos. If I get some, I'll share.

 
At September 26, 2006 9:42 AM, Blogger Meg said...

It was great to see you too, Camy! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Suzan, there are some good photos up on the Master's Artist now, in Deborah Gyapong's post. As a matter of fact, there's one of you and me at the banquet.

 
At September 26, 2006 2:26 PM, Blogger Amy Wallace said...

Hey, Meg!

No mention of the crazy person that kept you hostage and stole your chocolate on the plane??? ;-)

Amy

 
At September 26, 2006 3:10 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Amy, do you mean the crazy woman who sat next to me? Okay, so she stole my chocolate, but she also distracted me from all the funny noises the plane was making.

You were great company. Thanks for enduring the great airport marathon with me.

 
At September 26, 2006 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg, it was so nice to see you again this year! I really enjoyed talking with you.

 
At September 26, 2006 9:54 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Thanks for stopping by, Melissa. I really enjoyed seeing you at the conference, too. I'll have to check out your website.

 
At September 26, 2006 11:04 PM, Blogger michael snyder said...

As always, it was great to see you again, Meg. You always bring a smile to my face. Can't wait till the next one.

 
At September 29, 2006 4:22 AM, Blogger Angie Poole said...

Meg,

It was a joy to meet you at the conference and get some time to talk to you in depth on Saturday night. We'll have to hang again next year!

 
At September 29, 2006 7:15 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Hey, Angie! I loved hanging out with you. We'll definitely have to do it again.

Mike, you always bring a smile to my face, too. One of these days, I want to meet the MBGITW and the kids. Your household must be some serious fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home