megawriter

I am Meg Moseley. Meg, a writer. Seeking the real God in the real world.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The conference, the Caddie, and the rib

I've had a busy couple of weeks. For starters, I finished writing a novel.

Couple of days after that, I went to the ACFW writers' conference in Nashville and won two exciting awards there. Better than that, I met up with friends and cemented relationships that I believe will last a lifetime. But I'll post more about the conference later. It deserves more than one measly paragraph. For now, I'll just say God was at work and I love my local writing buddies, my long-distance ones, and the Faith*in*Fiction gang.

Home again . . . to chocolate and roses from my husband, to celebrate the good stuff that happened at the conference. Then I got a phone call from a literary agent who's one of the best in the business. She offered to represent me, and of course I jumped at the chance.

Then I rewrote the ending of the novel. Then I broke a rib, apparently. Tripped on a very hard sidewalk on my way to the trash with a bag of doggie doo. It was a very glamorous accident, as you can tell.

Complete with broken rib, which wasn't too painful at that point, I drove to Florida with my husband, who'd bought me a small Cadillac on eBay, which meant we had to pick it up, A.S.A.P. I love the car. It was worth the trip. But thank God for laptops. I kept right on writing. Until the return trip, of course, when I was busy driving.

Home again . . . I rewrote the ending a second time, over a few days. About the time I decided I liked the new ending, the rib decided to act up. It had pretty much stopped hurting, but now it hurts like #$%@ or worse.

But I really do like the ending.

So, there are my excuses for slacking off on blogging for the last couple of weeks. Forgive me?

7 Comments:

At September 28, 2005 4:17 AM, Blogger MD Brauer, MD said...

Huge congratulations on the first place award!

Awesome
Blessings,
Marvin

 
At September 28, 2005 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the awards. You deserve it.
Love,

Willa

 
At September 28, 2005 3:38 PM, Blogger michael snyder said...

Meg,

"Then I broke a rib, apparently. Tripped on a very hard sidewalk on my way to the trash with a bag of doggie doo. It was a very glamorous accident, as you can tell."

That has got to find its way into a story. I'm sorry about your rib. (Funny story though.) And even more congratulations on winning the contest(s)! That was so cool to see up close.

Mike

(I won a writing contest once and didn't get flowers or a Cadilac!)

 
At September 28, 2005 3:59 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Hey, it's been busy in the comments section while I've been sulking about my rib. Thanks for the congrats, everybody.

I'll try to post my "real" post about the conference tomorrow. You know, the one I promised about a week ago.

 
At September 28, 2005 9:54 PM, Blogger Deeanne Gist said...

Congrats on the wins and the caddy and will you please go to the doctor, for heaven's sake!!

(I'm with you, Mike. Roses I've gotten. Caddy, not likely!!)

 
At September 28, 2005 10:27 PM, Blogger Meg said...

But I did go to the doctor.

In case you're picturing me as some rich lady, forget it. The Caddy is gently used and quite affordable.

Desperate question of the day: Anybody ever have all their paragraph breaks suddenly vanish for almost an entire manuscript? Gone, from page 6 on. Strange and aggravating. Advice is welcome.

 
At September 29, 2005 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I have some advice...
not for page breakers, but for "rib breakers"....

Stop picking up dog poop ( You have 2 young men to do that!!) and quit kissing the sidewalk...

the neighbors will talk you know!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home