megawriter

I am Meg Moseley. Meg, a writer. Seeking the real God in the real world.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Landon Snow, in time for Christmas

Snow, just in time for Christmas! Landon Snow, that is.

This is the coolest new book for kids: Landon Snow and the Auctor's Riddle by R.K. Mortenson. It has sort of the same feel as Alice in Wonderland except the hero is a boy, and the fantasy world that he steps into possesses a beautiful logic that makes for a satisfying read. Alice's adventures always left me befuddled, while Landon's story makes perfect sense in its own fantastical way. It's a great blend of fun and logic.

Landon starts off in an ordinary Minnesota town, but before long he's off to investigate a strange tunnel and an even stranger library. He winds up in a magical but dangerous kingdom where he's not sure who's a friend and who's an enemy. The story moves along at a breezy pace with a lot of fun wordplay. The book is a visual and tactile pleasure, too. It's hardcover, with a quality feel to the paper and an intriguing cover illustration that makes me think of mysterious old books in old libraries.

You can check out some reviews at Amazon. I plan to give this book to some some young book-lovers I know. It's affordably priced, which is always a nice bonus when you find a treasure of a book. I'm looking forward to reading the sequels.

3 Comments:

At January 03, 2006 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatsssssssssssssup?

It is 3 days into the new year and you're slacking with this blog!!

 
At January 03, 2006 11:16 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Mrs. T., you're making me feel guilty! It's hair-on-fire time here. Okay, that's a lousy excuse. Everybody's always busy, not just me, and if I'm gonna claim to have a blog, I'd better blog, huh?

Okay... maybe tomorrow? Thanks for the nudge!

 
At October 31, 2022 12:43 AM, Anonymous Ceiling Contractors Redwood City said...

Great readiing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home