megawriter

I am Meg Moseley. Meg, a writer. Seeking the real God in the real world.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My Sadly Neglected Blog

That's exactly what I called this thing a few months ago when I was chatting with somebody. I can't remember who it was, but he/she said: "That sounds like a great name for a blog. My Sadly Neglected Blog."

It certainly fits. It's not that I lack something to write about, because I own plenty of opinions to inflict upon the world. But I also have a long to-do list, and blogging isn't at the top of it.

So, is anybody still with me, or did you give up on me? Helloooooo.... anybody out there?

If you want to start a blog of your own and you need a name for it, feel free to appropriate "My Sadly Neglected Blog." If you're up-front about the likelihood of neglect from the start, maybe you won't feel quite so guilty about it when it happens.

5 Comments:

At February 10, 2006 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should so start a blog and call it that!

 
At February 10, 2006 11:33 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Yes, I think you should! Or you could call it My Happily Neglected Blog. That might be better yet.

 
At February 11, 2006 12:11 AM, Blogger michael snyder said...

I'm still with you, and remember...

...the blogosphere needs slackers like you and me (sorry about that) to take the pressure off those over achievers with checklist mentatlities. Blogs like ours allow people the false satisfaction of crossing an item off their 'to do' list.

Plus, I like to think of my inactivity as exercising my spiritual gift of encouragement..."Way to go, routine-blogger-person, you're a much better and more consistent blogger than me!"

(Okay, obviously you're not a slacker. It just made the sentence flow nicely and made me feel a bit like James Frey.)

 
At February 14, 2006 7:10 PM, Blogger Deeanne Gist said...

I'm here, Meg.

 
At March 01, 2006 10:23 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Huh! I just now noticed your comments, Mike and Deeanne. They didn't show up until I posted a new post (A new post! Amazing, isn't it?!) and hit the republish button.

I really need to learn at least the basics of blogging, don't I? I'm not even linked to other blogs. Hello, techie son... tutor me, please....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home